Vision, Mission, and Creed
The University of Mississippi aspires to be a preeminent public international research university and a leading force for innovation and opportunity in Mississippi, the United States, and the world.
Oxford & Regional Campus Mission
UM Medical Center Mission
Statement of Institutional Philosophy
- Reaffirms its identity and purpose as fundamentally academic,
- Nurtures excellence in teaching, learning, creativity, and research,
- Provides the best, accessible undergraduate education in the state of Mississippi,
- Offers high quality undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, and
- Devotes its knowledge and abilities to serve the state and the world.
The University of Mississippi Values Stated in the Creed
I believe in fairness and civility.
I believe in personal and professional integrity.
I believe in academic honesty.
I believe in academic freedom.
I believe in good stewardship of our resources.
I pledge to uphold these values and encourage others to follow my example.