Our focus upon academic excellence and building healthy and vibrant communities is nurtured and furthered by a key enabler that is vitally important for the overall success of the institution — our people, places, and resources.
Our University, like all institutions, is only as strong as our people. Our faculty, staff, students, and alumni represent an exceptional group of people with a rich diversity of talents and backgrounds. Together, they are building an inclusive campus that makes the University of Mississippi a great place to work and study. Ensuring we continue to have talented, diverse employees and students requires an enhanced physical and technological infrastructure, a robust intellectual community, a positive work environment, and funding sources to accomplish our mission.
Increase Private Support
We will launch a comprehensive campaign in line with academic program needs and strategic priorities. With financial investments, we will enhance world class academic programs, build the physical and technological infrastructure necessary for new ways of teaching and engaging students, discover knowledge through faculty research and scholarship, recruit academic stars and retain top faculty and staff members, and improve the health and well-being of Mississippians and those across the world.
- Comprehensive campaign goal
- Gift totals to fund all initiatives
- Number of endowed professorships
- Support for renovating and building for the future (e.g., STEM building, Children’s Hospital expansion)
- Campaign volunteer leadership positions filled
- Alumni giving participation rate increase
Improve Access to Digital-Immersive Experiences
Develop innovative ways to provide access to the University’s educational offerings for place-bound, non-traditional students
Develop appropriate and targeted digital-immersive experiences for place-bound students
- Number of online courses and degree programs
- Enrollment in online courses and degree programs
Enhance Faculty and Staff Recruitment, Retention, and Development
Advance opportunities, incentives, and resources to foster a positive work and life environment and to facilitate the recruitment and retention of highly qualified, diverse faculty and staff
Develop career-life connection programs to support the recruitment and retention of faculty and staff
Expand professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Level of employee engagement and satisfaction
- Level of compensation
- Diversity of faculty and staff
Plan for Enrollment Growth, Enhance the Campus, and Foster a Healthy Campus Environment
Accommodate increases in student enrollment and nurture a sustainable, healthy, secure campus environment with infrastructure that will support evolving academic and research missions
Support a culture of physical and mental wellness
Serve as role models to promote success
Add campus facilities in accordance with the campus master plan
Develop a growth planning process that is responsive to institutional objectives and programmatic success
- Student enrollment rates
- Faculty-student and staff-student ratios
- Sustainable campus trends (STARS rating)
- Maintain a favorable Operating Margin, defined as (Total Income – Total Expenses) / Total Income
- Total usable square footage, by type
- Campus security trends
- Student wellness program participation and satisfaction
Enhance Visibility and Appreciation of the Arts
Celebrate the critical role that creativity plays in educating society and the process of discovery. Creativity is at the heart of a successful research institution.
Develop a Fine Arts Gateway to serve as a cultural hub to celebrate the University’s creative, visual, and performing arts and to create intellectual and cultural experiences including performances, experiential learning, and enrichment opportunities for the community and region. The Gateway will allow people of all ages and from all over the world to visit the University of Mississippi — physically and virtually — while elevating the importance of creativity and underscoring its relationship to research and academic excellence.
- Number of creative, visual, and performing arts partnerships with Mississippi schools and communities
- Number of arts visitors and events associated with the arts